Why need for Specialized Conference on Health Insurance?
Under the leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi Health Care got due importance, especially during pandemic in 2020-21. The nation has realized the importance of health care infrastructure needed for building a Healthy India, Healthy Nation.
• In the country we have seen tremendous growth of Health Insurance since 2001 when the insurance sector was opened to fulfill the needs of the masses. In last 20 years – premium income has gone up from Rs 690 crores to Rs 73000 crores which is an increase of 10580 %
• The number of companies offering health insurance has increased from 4 in 2000 to 28, which includes 5 standalone health insurance companies.
• In view of growth in Indian economy (soon going to be 5 trillion US $ economy) we find a great opportunity for growth in this sector during next 20 years. We are sure that Healthy Indians are needed for making our country as the second largest economy of the world.
• Assuming 20% growth we foresee in next 20 Years Health care spending will increase from Rs 21,15,000 crores to Rs 8,46,00,000 crores.
• Major part of this spending will be coming from health insurance and present pattern of spending from personal savings or borrowings by the individuals and families will shift.
We intend to have this important conference to discuss the innovation, change in thinking, out of box thinking required so that Health Insurance portfolio is put on strong footing, which is a must for fulfilling the wishes of large population. Major segment will be need of 25 crores senior citizens.
Target Audience will comprise of:
• Officials of Health Ministry (Governments of India)
• Officials of Health Ministry (State Governments)
• Officials of National Health Authority & National Digital Health Mission
• Insurance Companies
• Reinsurance Companies
• Insurance Broking Firms
• Senior Management & Officials from Health Care Service Providers (Hospitals, Diagnostic Labs, Pharma Companies, e-Commerce Pharmacies, Medical Equipment Manufactures)
• Consultants/ Claims Consultants/ EB Consultants
• Wellness Program Companies / Service Providers
• Surveyors / Investigators
• Insurtech/ Technology Companies working towards taking Health Insurance to the next level of growth, supporting India to emerge as 5 Trillion US $ economy.
Points to be covered in the Conference are:
• Should Health Insurance be made mandatory for all or only for Senior Citizens?
• Discussion on Niti Aayog Report ” Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle”
• Investment & improvement of health care infrastructure is needed in a big way to support & manage the needs of the masses.
• What Product innovations are needed in Health Insurance policies?
• Necessity for use of Technology in all aspects of insurance from proposal filling to claim settlement.
• OPD coverage – is the need of all stake holders
• What can we learn from other countries? Brazil and Chile are good examples to be considered.
• Availability of cheaper, sufficient loans along with better attractive taxation structure are essential for growth of healthcare sector.
• Higher FAR should be allowed in all metro cities for hospitals – more beds per square meter of land
What you can expect from the Conference?
Realize the difficulties being faced by different stake holders and understand Government thought process to have growth of this great sector.
Some Key Take Away for Various Stake Holders will be:
• Understanding of the expectations and needs of customers so that higher standards for service can be fixed
• Important Issues in Health Insurance
• Government thinking and growth projections
• Role of Technology in monitoring of Claims
• Will we have more stand-alone health insurance companies being established in the next 10 years?
• Level of FDI investment expected to come in next 20 years in hospitals/ health insurance companies?
• Will Insurers become investors in hospitals to set up bench mark standards in this industry ?
• Will Data Analytics, AI & Machine learning change the scene?
• Is digital India expecting innovations & speed in underwriting and claims settlement?
• Are we looking for revamped TPA’s with high focus on technology to participate in this growth?
Will there be market disruption and increased role for insurers in supply chain process of medical devices, pharma products?
Will OPD become the dominant part in marketing strategy of health insurance?
Prepared by faculty of National Insurance Academy, Pune will be released & copy of the same will be given to all delegates.
This is a nonresidential Programme, however good hotels/ guest houses are available in surrounding areas.
- No Participation fee: but pre-registration is required.
Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi - 110065