Insurance Foundation of India is pleased to announce that in association with PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry a series of Webinars will be conducted for Food Processing Industry including Food Imports & Exports These are an important part of the Indian economy. First programme announced with support of APEDA, Forum of Indian Food Importers & All India Rice Exporters’ Association is on:
Role of Insurance and Quality Inspection in Food Processing Industry & Food Imports & Exports and this will be held on 29 July,2020
Why the need for this Specialized Industry Focused Webinar?
Agriculture production and Food Processing is the backbone of the Indian economy as the agriculture production/horticulture production/cash crops /milk production are supported by the food processing industry. As a country, we also import some products and also export a large variety of products. All these activities are a major contributor to the GDP of the country.
- Storage of food
- Quality inspection at all stages
- Importance of government approvals
- Export (say rice, mangoes)
- Imports (say edible oil)
We understand that damage due to calamities, excessive rains, flooding, earthquakes can cause huge losses to all stakeholders.
Insurance is the only method to strengthen this important industry and can result in further growth of GDP as well as the economy of the country.
This Webinar will have Speakers from the Insurance industry, food processing industry, and Importers/exporters. APEDA, FIFI& Rice Exporters Association viewpoint will be expressed and discussed.
Topics to be covered:
- Importance of quality inspection and claims being lodged (melted ice cream is in existence but not edible)
- Import in bulk tankers (say edible oil)
- Large volume exports (Rice, Potatoes, Onions, Mangoes)
- Improved Packaging costs vs reduced premium
- Insurance premium
- Claims issues
Who should attend this Webinar-cum-Training?
This is a good opportunity for all stakeholders.
The participants attending this webinar will be from:
- Food Processing Industry
- Importers &Exporters
- Commercial, Rural, Cooperative Banks, Small Finance Banks, MFIs, NGOs, INGOs
- Insurance/ Reinsurance/ Insurance Broking companies/ IMF
- Surveyors/ Investigators
- Testing Labs
- Members of Food importers Association
- Members of Agriculture Export organizations.
What can you expect from the Webinar-cum-Training?
This Webinar is a practical one and will provide the participants with a comprehensive, multifunctional perspective on principles and practices involved in insurance specific to Food Processing/Food Imports &Exports. The participants will learn from experts:
- How insurance can reduce the costs of the company in the long run?
- Why claims get rejected?
- The types of losses and how these losses are surveyed as apart of the claims process
No fee but pre-registration is requested
Programme Coordinator, Insurance Foundation of India, Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065