Why need for Specialized Seminar Insurance the Savior in Healthcare, The Horizon and Best Practices?
Healthcare has evolved over the last 2 decades as one of India’s largest sectors – both in terms of revenue and employment. The Indian healthcare sector is growing at a brisk pace due to its strengthening coverage, services and increasing expenditure by public as well private players.
The overall Indian healthcare market is worth around Rs 6,50,000 Crores and is expected to grow to Rs 19,00,000 Crores by 2020, a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.9 per cent. Health Insurance is a crucial instrument that provides financial security in times of need. Thus, whether an emergency or a planned hospitalization, a health insurance policy ensures umbrella coverage by helping to pay for the covered medical expenses in case of hospitalization due to illness or injury. Health insurance plans not only safeguard finance but also provide tax benefits. Greater access to health insurance improves health and better health leads to economic growth.
However, there is very low health insurance coverage in the country. About 30 Crores people or 25% of India’s population is covered with some form of health insurance, according to the World Bank. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, meanwhile, claims that only 17% of the population has some form of insurance coverage.
Health insurance is an important factor to make healthcare reachable to all. Innovation in health coverage product is required to enhance the healthcare services. To make the healthcare services and coverage available at all doorstep the innovative distribution model using technology is a must. An enhanced distribution channel can contribute to increased insurance penetration and also help in job creation.
Objectives of the Seminar:
- To Generate awareness and sensitize the stakeholder about health coverage
- To improve the overall healthcare services and create business opportunities for the healthcare industry
- To deliberate on innovations required in health insurance products to enhance healthcare services.
- To acquaint the audience with current policies and issues on national and international health insurance coverage and understand the Ministry’s perspectives
- To obtain the list of diseases that must be covered under insurance for healthier and economically stronger India.
- Interact and participate with IRDA Officials (the Regulators) on their perspective.
Topics to be covered:
The seminar will feature and address the following issues:
- Need for Health Insurance for the growing population of India.
- Spreading awareness of Health Care – Importance of Preventive Health Care to bring down Health Care Costs.
- Points to be kept in mind by stake holders.
- Universal Health Insurance – the present need of the Nation.
- Health Care – Early Detection and Prevention
- Government Policy, Compliance and Assurance.
Who Should Attend the Programme (Target Participants)?
This is a good opportunity for:
- Insurance Regulator
- Key Officials from Insurance Sectors (Public & Private)
- Consumer Forums – State & National
- Members, Indian Medical Association
- Indian Council of Medical Research
- National Institute of Health & Family Welfare
- World Bank
- Ambassadors and Diplomats
- Health Care Specialists
- Renowned Hospitals
- Industries with CSR perspectives in healthcare promotion
What you can expect from the Programme?
- Health Care needs of masses
- Government Policy to take care of the same.
- Importance of Prevention Health Care with a view to bring down Health Care Costs
- View point of Stake holders.
Some Key Take away for Various Stake Holders will be:
- Awareness of Health Insurance & Health Care
- Current available policies and issues on national and international health insurance coverage
- Understanding of the Ministry’s perspectives
- Understanding of Health Insurance Policies
- Affordable health coverage. The innovative product in affordable price and using digitalization and modern distribution model
- Emerging trends in healthcare and health insurance: Public, Private and Corporate schemes
No delegate fee. Prior registration/ confirmation are requested.
Ms. Shveta Kaushal
Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065