Why need for Specialized Seminar on Financial Risks & Liability Insurance?
In the last 20 years profile of Indian economy has changed and we are seeing large growth in Servicing Industry as a result it has become a significant player in Indian economy. IT, e-commerce, exports, project exports, acquisition of companies in foreign countries by Indian Companies or inflow of PE, VC Funding from foreign investors in Indian companies especially in Pharma, IT and ecommerce is resulting in changes in Board Room. These changes have resulted in need for Insurance Policies as a part of Shareholders agreement being signed between Indian Promoters & Strategic Investors or PE/VC funds.
We come across need for buying of D & OE insurance Policy or 3rd party liability insurance policy as a requirement clearly recorded in shareholders’ agreement. Now a day’s 3rd party liability insurance policy is required by RWA or owner of the building for getting license from Government authorities in Haryana for issuing license for operating lifts in Multi story towers
The Seminar will feature and address the following issues:
- Risk perception of non-executive/ independent/ female directors joining board of Indian Companies
- D & O: Need of modern industry
- Need of changes in Indian Companies Act
- Legal Issues in Insurance
Who Should Attend the Programme?
This is a good opportunity for:
- Owners of Business houses
- Directors/ Independent Directors
- HR Managers
- Company Secretaries
- Specialists handling underwriting/ business development/ claims pertaining to Liability Insurance in Insurer Firms
- Insurance Managers of Corporate’s
- Insurance Institutes/ Academic Faculty/ Students
This will be an opportunity to you to upgrade yourselves to handle changing requirements in the economy.
What you can expect from the Programme?
- Understanding why these comparatively new type of insurance policies are needed?
- Can these insurance policies increase the market capitalization of a listed company or valuation of the closely held company undergoing due diligence for % divestment to Strategic Partner or a VC fund?
- Why knowledge of these insurance policies are a must for promoter directors/ Executive Directors or even Independent Directors, where some of them might have given personal guarantee at the time of disbursement of loan.
- Clauses pertaining to Financial Risks & Liability Insurance which you should look for when signing Share holder agreement with JV partner or VC Fund?
Topics to be covered:
- Liability Insurance
- D & OE/ Errors & Omissions: Need of IT Industry, bpo, kpo or ecommerce supported by case studies within India and abroad.
- Human resource aspects & correlation with D&OE policy
Participation free: But need pre confirmation
Ms. Shveta Kaushal
Programme Coordinator, Insurance Foundation of India Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065