Why need for Training Programme on “Insurance Claims Management”?
Insurance Policy is a contract between Insurance Company & Insured. It is a legal document and is to be used when the claim is lodged by the Insured. Most of the customers are ignorant about this fact and face difficulty when the claim is lodged.
In this programme we will be discussing in detail about the importance of various aspects of claims.
- Lodging of Claims
- Interaction with Insurance Companies/ Surveyors.
- Importance of accounting records
- Need for a team effort in interaction with Insurance Companies/ Insurance Surveyors
Claims to be covered in details are:
- Property (including Project, Engineering, Mega Risk) Insurance Claims
- Marine Cargo Insurance Claims
- Liability Insurance Claims
- Health Insurance Claims
- Cyber Insurance Claims
- Loss of Profit (Business Interruption) Claims
Topics to be covered:
- Importance of buying Insurance based on policy wording and not on the lowest price
- Need of documents when the claim is lodged
- Importance of Police Report/ Fire Service Report in case of fire claims
- Importance of photography and maybe Drone videography
- Claims Case Studies for every portfolio
Who Should Attend the Training Programme (Target Participants)?
This is a good opportunity for:
- Corporates (Manufacturing/ Traders/ Exporters / Importers / Infrastructure)
- Banks/ NBFC Firms
- Claims Department Officials in Insurance Companies
- Insurance Brokerage Firms
- Surveyors Loss Assessors/ Investigators/ Detectives
- Law Firms
- Chartered Accountants
- Members from Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Insurance Consultants
What you can expect from the Training Programme?
- Importance of process & systems in your organization
- Assets Register
- Timely additions/ Increase in Sum Assured
Some Key Take Away for Various Stake Holders will be:
- Understanding of Insurance Claims
- Legal Provisions/ Legal framework
- How insurance Companies look/ Detect frauds/ Fake/ inflated Claims
- Participation fee: 4000/- per individual participant.
- Group participation fee (team of 3 persons): 3750/- each.
- Group participation fee (team of 5 persons and above): 3500/- each.
- Individual Foreign Participant fee: US $ 125
This is nonresidential Programme; however reasonable hotels/ guest houses are available in surrounding areas such as Nehru Place, Greater Kailash I & II, Panchsheel Enclave. (Nearest Metro Station Nehru Enclave & Nehru Place). Programme Coordinator will be ready to assist you in arranging the same (if required)
Certificates will be issued to the participants on completion of this Programme.
Programme Coordinator, Insurance Foundation of India, Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065