Registration can be done online at https://forms.gle/KCUiZVjgB9DPjSVv6
Why need for Specialized Industry Focused Training Programme on Marine (Cargo) Insurance?
Most businesses realize at the time of claim that the claim amount is not payable because proper risk assessment has not been done and right insurance policy has not been purchased with proper policy wording at the time of taking the policy. Businesses fail to realize that risk cannot be managed only by taking any insurance policy without going into depth. It is their responsibility for maintaining proper accounts to conduct the business. The insurance policy will not cover the risks associated with organization if it fails to fulfill the conditions attached to policy.
This training programme will give an opportunity to participants to interact with faculty, who have vast experience of dealing with businesses and claims worldwide. Participants will be able to learn about common mistakes that cause hardship to organizations.
As the trade increases the importance of Marine (Cargo) Insurance has increased. It is important to cover:
- Incoming Import Cargo
- Incoming Domestic Purchases
- Export Cargo
- Domestic Sales Cargo
- Inter Branch Transfer
In many cases importers & exporters of many organization insures heavy loss due to wrong coverage.
Objectives of the Training Programme:
This training programme is very practical in nature and is case study based to provide practical understanding of risks associated with Marine (Cargo) and allied perils. The aim is to discuss and come out with solutions for difficulties faced during purchase of insurance policy, lodging and settlement of claims.
The programme is structured in such a way that it promotes interaction among managers/ executives of:
- Firms who purchase Marine Insurance Polices
- General Insurance company involved in business development, selling, underwriting and managing fire insurance claims
- Insurance brokers who are most important insurance intermediary
- Surveyors who are an important link in processing/ settlement of insurance claims
Topics to be covered:
Every session will be followed by Questions/ Answers so that high level of clarity is achieved, which assists you in your career development.
- Introduction, Types of Marine Cargo Policies & Growth of Marine (Cargo) Insurance
- Relevance of Principal of Insurance for Marine Cargo
- Marine Cargo Clauses
- International Trade
- Inland Transit
- Underwriting of Marine Insurance
- Important Clauses under Marine Insurance
- Critical Underwriting Aspects
- Claims Procedure – how to expedite it with real cases (Insurers/ Surveyors View Point)
- Procedural Aspects
- Case Studies on Claims
- Tips to avoid disputes in Marine Insurance Claims
- Legal Aspects/ Litigation
- Documents Associated with Marine Cargo Insurance
Who Should Attend the Training Programme (Target Participants)?
This is a good opportunity for:
- Managers/ Executives of General Insurance/ Reinsurance Companies involved in business development, selling, underwriting and management of claims
- Managers/ Risk Mangers handling purchase of insurance and lodging of claims from
- Trading companies
- Manufacturing firms
- Educational institutes
- Shopping Malls/Multiplexes
- IT companies
- SME’s e.t.c
- Managers/Executives of Insurance Brokerage Firms – Business Development/ Underwriter/ Claim Department.
- Surveyors (members of Indian Institute of Insurance Surveyors and Loss Assessors)
- Consulting firms providing risk management services, claims management services
- Academic-Faculty members/ students specializing in Insurance planning to make career in General Insurance.
What you can expect from the Training Programme?
This training programme on Marine (Cargo) Insurance will provide the participants with comprehensive, multifunctional perspective on how to assess risk, maintain processes for risk mitigation, comply with statutory procedures on containment of risk and management of claims.
- How to get a claim payment in 60 days – Insurance client
- How to get your client’s claim settled in 60 days – Insurance Brokers
- How to complete your assignment in 30 days – Insurance Surveyor
- Managing your risk – cost effectively – Insurance client/ Managers of Insurance companies.
60 days to passing of an insurance claim is what we will focus on. Time is money, as the claims process gets extended the cost for all the stakeholders goes up. It results in financial and goodwill loss for all the stakeholders, who are involved.
Training/ Delegate Fee:
Participation fee (Includes Training, Study Materials & Lunch)
- Individual participant fee: Rs. 3500/
- Group participation fee (team of 3 persons and above): Rs. 3250/-each.
- Group participation fee (team of 5 persons and above): Rs. 3000/-each
Note: Prior registrations are requested to attend this Training Programme, so that Certificates/ Logistics/ Study Material & Lunch can be arranged accordingly.
Muse Sarovar Portico, A-1-Chirag Enclave, Near Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110048 (Nearest Metro station- Nehru Enclave)
Certificates will be issued to the participants on completion of this Training Programme.
This is non residential Training Programme; however reasonable hotels/ guest houses are available in surrounding areas such as Panchsheel Enclave, Hauz Khas, Greater Kailash & South Extension. Programme Coordinator will be ready to assist you in arranging the same (if required)
Programme Coordinator, Insurance Foundation of India, Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065