Why need for Specialized Industry Focused Webinar-cum-Training on Agriculture Insurance?
Agriculture is the backbone of the Indian as well as many developing economies of the world. Millions of farmers are engaged in agriculture production and are a major contributor to the GDP of the country.
Crop Insurance under the name of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) has been one of the best initiatives in India in the recent years. This has been introduced to take care of the miseries faced by farmers due to the natural calamities like drought, flood, cyclone etc.
All of us agree that the achievements have been great, but lot has to be achieved in the coming decade so that all
• Agricultural Crops
• Cash Crops
• Horticulture Crops
are insured, so that we can strengthen the economy of the country.
This International Webinar-cum-Training programme on Crop Insurance is being organized, where we will have Faculties of international repute. All aspects of crop insurance will be covered under this program. The participants will be not only from India but also from various foreign countries in SAARC, ASEAN, South Asian & African countries.
Objectives of the Webinar-cum-Training:
It is invariably observed that the field level functionaries are not clearly updated about the crop insurance scheme being implemented whether in India and some other countries. They are also not fully aware of
i) The digital technologies being tried and implemented in managing crop insurance, and
ii) How these technologies function. The Webinar-cum-training is focused on the crop insurance structures and its various dimensions. It will also focus on the types of digital technologies that can be used in crop insurance and how these technologies function.
Topics to be covered:
• Crop Insurance structures major focus on India’s PMFBY
• Various technologies being used in Crop Insurance.
Who should attend this Webinar-cum-Training?
This is a good opportunity for the Indian and Foreign individuals and organization involved in Crop Insurance directly or indirectly. The participants may be from:
• Entry level and middle level executives of Insurance Companies
• Commercial, Rural, Cooperative Banks, Small Finance Banks, MFIs, NGOs, INGOs
• Insurance/ Reinsurance Broking companies
• Vendors providing outsourced services to insurance companies,
• Surveyors/ Investigators intend to enter into Crop loss survey/ investigation work,
• Independent Financial Consultants,
• Remote Sensing / Technology Companies,
• Weather Companies,
• Data Provider/Data Analytics Companies
• Development Organizations,
• Food Producer Organizations (FPO),
• Agriculture Science Students,
• Agriculture professionals,
• Government Department like Agriculture, Statistics, Revenue, Water Resources etc.
What can you expect from the Webinar-cum-Training?
This Webinar-cum-Training Programme on Crop Insurance will provide the participants with a comprehensive, multifunctional perspective on principles and practices involved in crop insurance. The participants will learn
• How the Crop insurance evolved and its basics?
• The main elements the Crop Insurance specially PMFBY
• The operational modalities in Crop Insurance
• The types of losses and how these losses are surveyed
• To get familiar with the basics of available satellite data.
• How to interpret the satellite data for crop insurance applications.
• Will use cases and case studies of space technology in crop insurance
• How to access satellite data?
Mahender Soni, Programme Coordinator
Insurance Foundation of India, Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065