Why the need for Specialized Industry Focused Programme on Crop Insurance?
Agriculture is the backbone of the Economy of any country. A large number of farmers are engaged in agriculture production and are a significant contributor to the GDP of any country. They need to be insured so that we can strengthen the economy of the country.
Bangladesh is no exception. Agriculture is one of the major driving forces of the economy of Bangladesh. In the FY 2017-2018, the contribution of agriculture in our national GDP was 13.75%. Moreover, 45% of the population directly dependent on agriculture for their earning.
Changing climate plays a very important role in agriculture business. Bangladesh is one of the most vulnerable countries when it comes to climate change. Due to such weather changes damages of crops and the sufferings of farmers are in describable.
This Extensive International Training Programme on Crop Insurance is being organized, where we will have an International Faculty. All aspects of crop insurance will be covered under this program. The participants will be coming from various countries:
Objectives of the Programme
This unique training program will introduce participants to principles, techniques, and infrastructure of agricultural risk insurance with examples from different countries. After the training the beginners will be able to start operating with agricultural risk, the professional will deepen their knowledge and skills in this area. Participation in the training might improve the insurer’s performance in agricultural insurance and expand the business volume.
Topics to be covered
- Risks in agricultural production
- Risk management techniques
- Farm as a social entity
- Types of agricultural insurance
- Adopted practices in agricultural insurance worldwide
- Insurer infrastructure for agri insurance.
- Portfolio management
- Principles of underwriting, data collection, risk pricing
- Loss adjustment principles and techniques
- Agricultural insurance markets
- Agricultural reinsurance
- Innovative technologies in field monitoring, loss adjustment, MISes
Who Should Attend the Training Programme (Target participants)
This is a good opportunity for
- Managers and employees of insurance and reinsurance companies
- Senior officials of state Government handling Crop Insurance
- Weather Forecasting companies
- Meteorological Departments
- Brokers, Aggregators, Intermediaries engaged in insurance distribution
- NGOs/ INGOs, Development Organisations, Donor Organisations
- Students of agricultural universities
- Companies engaged in crop cutting experiments/claim surveyors
- Product/service providers/Banks/MFIs providing agricultural finance/loans
- Managers and employees of government bodies (e.g. Ministry of Agriculture)
- Insurance and Finance Regulatory Organisations
- Personnel from Print and Electronic media engaged in covering Agri-Business
What can you Expect from the Programme?
This training Programme on Crop Insurance will provide the participants with a comprehensive, multi-functional perspective on principles involved in crop insurance. This training will provide an opportunity to listen to experts from not only within the country but also from foreign countries. The national and international participants together at a single platform stands
with a better opportunity to interact and get evolved.
Eminent Faculty Conducting this Training Programme:
Dr. Olena Sosenko at present is an independent Consultant at Zurich, Switzerland. Her 22 years of career experience has taken her through many prestigious positions of Consultant, Trainer, Analyst, Creator, Project and Team Manager, Management Advisor, Risk Manager.
She is well qualified and trained person. She holds her Doctorate Degree from Institute of Plant Protection, Ukraine and Diploma MSc Biology (with distinction) from Taras Shevchenko National University, Kyiv. She is Specialist in Biology fromKiev National University, Ukraine
Dr. Olena has a wide experience working with
|Alianz Re||Senior Agricultural Underwriter||Zurich, Switzerland|
|SCOR Reinsurance||Senior Agricultural Underwriter||Winterthur, Switzerland|
|Primacy Underwriting Agency(Agricultural Insurance)||Technical Manager||Sydney, Australia|
|Credo-Classik (now Uniqa)||Head of Agricultural Department||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Oranta||Head of the agricultural department||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Ochadmarket||Director of executive department||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Rolikon||Deputy director, subsidiary manager||Kyiv and Chernihiv Oblast, Ukraine|
Her Supplementary Collaborations
- Australian Government Department of Primary Industry
- Private website www.agroinsurance.com
- “Balance-Agro”, the Ukrainian magazine for agro managers and accountants
- “Organizing of insurance products’ trading”, the Russian magazine for banks and insurance companies
- The World Bank
- Center for Ukrainian reform education (CURE) – international charitable organization (grants from USAID)
- The European Commission (Project on Agro risk management)
- The International Financial Corporation (Project on Agro development)
Training/ Delegate fee:
Participation fee (Includes Training, Study Materials & Lunch)
For Bangladeshi Participants:
- For Bangladeshi Participants: BDT 16,000 per participant.
- A discount of 10% for 2-4 participants and 20% for 5 and above participants from one organization. Students – BDT 10,000 per student.
Bangladesh Participants can transfer the fee at:
Beneficiary: Professional Advancement Bangladesh Limited
Bank Name: Mercantile Bank Limited
Bank Address: 51-52, Mohakhali C/A, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh
Bank Account No: 111313101700868
Swift Code: MBLBBDH
Foreign & Indian Participants:
- For Foreign Participants: US$ 300 per participant.
- For Indian Participants: INR 14000 per participant.
Foreign & Indian Participants can transfer the fee at:
Beneficiary: Insurance Foundation of India
Bank Name: Bank of Baroda
Bank Address: East of Kailash Branch, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065, India
Bank Account No: 09630100010847
IFSC/ NEFT Code: BARB0KAIDEL
Note: Prior registrations are requested to attend this Training Programme, so that Certificates/ Logistics/ Study Material & Lunch can be arranged accordingly.
This is non-residential Training Programme; however good hotels are available around Six Seasons Hotel, Dhaka. Programme Coordinator will be ready to assist you in arranging the same (if required).
Tailor Made Training Programme:
We will be pleased to conduct Training Programmes as per your requirement at your location. Let us know your requirement at email@example.com.
We will be pleased to discuss sponsorship proposals. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Shveta Kaushal
Programme Coordinator, Insurance Foundation of India Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065