WHY SPECIALIZED SEMINAR ON FINANCIAL RISKS & LIABILITY INSURANCE ?
In the last 20 years profile of Indian economy has changed and we are seeing large growth in Servicing Industry as a result it has become a significant player in Indian economy. IT, e commerce, exports, project exports, acquisition of companies in foreign countries by Indian Companies or inflow of PE, VC Funding from foreign investors in Indian companies especially in Pharma, IT and e commerce is resulting in changes in Board Room. These changes have resulted in need for Insurance Policies as a part of Shareholders agreement being signed between Indian Promoters & Strategic Investors or PE/VC funds.
We come across need for buying of D & OE insurance Policy or 3rd party liability insurance policy as a requirement clearly recorded in shareholders’ agreement. Now a day’s 3rd party liability insurance policy is required by RWA or owner of the building for getting licence from Government authorities in Haryana for issuing licence for operating lifts in Multi story towers.
Political turmoil in any part of the world can ruin an exporter or Project exporter in the event of turmoil caused by infighting, civil war or border conflict and consequently money getting blocked in hundreds of Crores and that too for a long period. Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan Libya are few examples before us.
Credit Insurance within India is also becoming a necessity with a view to avoid bad debt. With these facts in mind we have decided to organize this thought provoking session.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE PROGRAMME?
This is a good opportunity for:
- Owners of Business houses
- Directors/ Independent Directors
- HR Managers
- Company Secretaries
- Specialists handling underwriting/ business development/ claims in Insurer Firms
- Corporate Lawyers guiding business houses on drafting of agreements.
- Insurance Managers
- Insurance Brokerage Firms
- Insurance Institutes
This will be an opportunity to you to upgrade yourselves to handle changing requirements in the economy.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THE PROGRAMME?
Multiple laws, Regulations, Factors, Internal policies (e.g. HR policy) are guiding your business in complex & continuously changing business environment. Sitting in the Board of Directors meeting without understanding these requirements and need for Insurance policies is the minimum requirement from you to make a value addition in the Board Room. In short you will be adding knowledge in 4 hours for which you may need 4o hours of study on Internet.
SOME KEY TAKE AWAYS FOR VARIOUS STAKEHOLDERS WILL BE
- Understanding why these comparatively new type of insurance policies are needed?
- Can these insurance policies increase the market capitalization of a listed company or valuation of the closely held company undergoing due diligence for % divestment to Strategic Partner or a VC fund?
- Why knowledge of these insurance policies are a must for promoter directors/ Executive Directors or even Independent Directors, where some of them might have given personal guarantee at the time of disbursement of loan.
- Clauses pertaining to Financial Risks & Liability Insurance which you should look for when signing Share holder agreement with JV partner or VC Fund?
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Importance of Project Export Credit Insurance in growing Project Export Market of India (with focus on claims history) and how stuck up payments have ruined the Indian companies?
- Credit Insurance within India – growing importance due to sudden grounding of some airlines
- Liability Insurance
- D & OE/ Errors & Omissions: Need of IT Industry, bpo, kpo or eCommerce supported by case studies within India and abroad.
- Human resource aspects & correlation with D&OE policy
Participation fee: Rs. 3000/- per individual participant.
Group participation fee (team of 5 persons): Rs.2500/- each.
Group participation fee (team of 10 persons and above): Rs.2000/- each.
Ms. Shveta Kaushal
Programme Coordinator, Insurance Foundation of India Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065