Online registration can be done at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc1WgQivMRXENDP0krmdsegoye9Z1pf6eWbYkvm5TW82YkT9A/viewform
Why the need for this webinar?
Everyone is aware of the havoc caused by pandemic since March 2020. May be this is the biggest tragedy or crisis of the century being faced by us as a country during the century which started in 1947.
It has affected the economy, industry and crores of citizens of the country. According to an estimate over 25 crore citizens have been pushed below the poverty line during the year and that too only due to this pandemic.
One of the biggest needs being felt by people from all walks of life is “Health Insurance” – whether it is for an individual, family or a group policy to be purchased by the corporate (MSME) in10 persons or thousands of persons are working.
We as Chamber of Commerce highly commend the timely steps taken by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) which are:
• Introduction of Covid Specific Insurance Policies introduced at a short notice by a large number of Life/Non-Life /Health Insurance Companies. These were short term and economically prized policies ,which were well received by large number of persons & MSME’s.
• Instruction to Insurers for quick approval for cash less hospitalization
• Discharge from hospital within a short time so that bed /room can be made available to new needy patient.
• Early settlement of claims so that hard pressed families are not to economic distress.
We highly appreciate the fact that even judiciary has issued many directions & judgments, which are in favor of the insured patients.
In this webinar we are discussing:
• Issues being faced by MSME in buying insurance
• Solutions which have been provided by (IRDAI), Governments of India, State Government
• Government Support – what more is required so that GDP does not get affected and no job losses occur ?
• Positive steps taken by IRDAI – our suggestions and whole hearted support
Issues being faced by MSME’s:
• Refusal for Cashless Hospitalization by Hospitals
• High deductions in reimbursement claims being settled
• High outright rejection rate for Corona Kawach Claims
• Non issues of policies to Covid Recovered individuals
• Non issue of Group Term Insurance Policies (ever quotes not being given) for last few months
Questions before MSME’s are:
• Desire to do risk sharing by buying Health Insurance & Group Term Insurance Policies – where to buy ?
• Maintaining the morale of the employees in this difficult /challenging time.
• What support MSME‘s can expect from Government? May be waiver of GST for a year on Health Insurance policies .
• How to face shortage of medicines, oxygen, beds? MSME’s are worried due to inflated prices being demanded .
• All Home care bills for Covid treatment (necessary due to non – availability of beds) should be paid under Health Insurance Policy?
• IRDA direction to Insurers to be reasonable in passing claim bills e.g. PPE Kit, Nursing Attendant Charges. Deduction of 55% from reimbursement claims is spreading negativity in the market/ country.
Who should attend?
All those who are connected with:
• MSME’s / Chambers Of Commerce
• Individuals policy holders /desirous of buying health Insurance
• Insurance Companies
• Industry Associations / RWA’s
• Media /Press
• Small business owners /traders
No fee but pre-registration is requested.
Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar