Why the need for Webinar on “Implications of Taxation in General Insurance Industry”?
GST was introduced in 2017 and GST Collection has been increasing year by year.
In the recent months we have come across many news items on GST Collection, Violation, Cancellation of GST numbers and strict procedure to be followed for issue of new GST registration.
PHD Chamber of Commerce in association with Deloitte & Insurance Foundation of India has decided to organize this webinar on “Implications of Taxation in General Insurance Industry”
In this important timely webinar we will discuss the following aspects:
- Why we decided for this Webinar?
- Importance of GST in General Insurance Industry
- Comments on Taxation on General Insurance Industry in India vis a vis other countries
- GST Implications -while underwriting the General Insurance business-Property, Marine, Vehicle, Employees Insurance
- GST Implications on settlement of Claims- Property, Marine, Vehicle,
- Input Tax credit -at the time of underwriting and settlement of claim -Property -Marine-Vehicle
- Implication of GST -under Reinsurance
- Interpretation of GST for payments of Remuneration/ Rewards /Gifts to Insurance Agents/Insurance Intermediaries
- Investigations under GST and How to Handle GST Raids
- GST on Insurance/ Reinsurance- SEZ Gift City
- Avoid violation of GST Rules and escape penalties/ litigation
Benefits to attend the webinar:
- Understand the taxation aspects pertaining to services Industry and that too far General Insurance Industry.
- Hear the viewpoint of various stakeholders
- Thought-provoking discussions on the key issues being faced by Industry.
- Will help you in managing taxation accounting for the years to come.
- Get clarification for your questions, if any.
The webinar will be beneficial for the following:
- Taxation Heads of Industry Stakeholders -Insurers; Insurance Intermediaries like Broker Firms, Corporate Agents, Agents, Banks and Customers/Clients
- General Insurance Council and its Members
- Insurance Brokers Association of India and its members
- Lawyers &Professionals especially those who are handling GST aspects in industry.
- Academia & Consultants
No fee but pre-registration is requested.
About The Organizers
Insurance Foundation of India (IFI)
Insurance Foundation of India (IFI) is set up under Trust Registration Act 1882 of Government of India as a Not-for-Profit Organization.
It is engaged in conducting:
- Training Programmes
- Skill Development
PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry
PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, established in 1905, is a proactive National Apex Chamber working at the grass-root level and with strong national and international linkages. The Chamber acts as a catalyst in the promotion of industry, trade and entrepreneurship. PHD Chamber, through its research-based policy advocacy role, positively impacts the economic growth and development of the nation. PHD Chamber is more than an organization of the business community, as it lives by the chosen motto In Community Life & Part of It and contributes significantly to socio-economic development and capacity building in several fields.
‘’PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) is one of the Premier Chambers in India to have been accredited with “Diamond Grade” by NABET(QCI), at national and international level.
PHDCCI is a National Apex Chamber having its international office at Bahrain for 6 GCC countries, with 1, 30,000 companies as its members base, as total focus on the development of small and medium businesses. PHDCCI has co-opted National and International Industry Associations and Organizations through over 100 MoUs signed between the parties.’’
Om Plaza, 430/7, 1st Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi - 110065